Monday, August 19, 2013

Wuthering Heights

When I was a girl a song came out that was based on a famous novel by Emily Bronte. It was called Wuthering Heights written and performed by Kate Bush. It became a very famous song. Over the last few years I've found some great other versions of this classic.This Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain one is my favourite. This is yet another style from the Puppini Sisters Perhaps Pat Benatar is more your style? It takes a while to get going... It just goes to show that it's not just fairy tales people enjoy creating versions of!

1 comment:

  1. Well seeing that played back now all these years later I find it amusing how much of a talented dancer Kate Bush was. This is a great wee collection of renditions of the song - I quite like the Ukulele version too...& the others are remarkable in their own ways. :-) A Hooper.

    ReplyDelete